Thursday, March 22, 2012

Al Fahker Watermelon Shisha Review

Al Fakher Watermelon Shisha Review


The hookah bar nearest to me, Shi Chai, offers (as far as I know) Al Fakhir, Starbuzz, and Fantasia tobacco. They use hookahs that look vaguely like those pictured (they use QTs) and, from what I can tell, Three Kings coals. The bowl is a standard bowl, nothing special there. It looks like they used Reynolds Wrap on the bowl, and came out with one lit coal on the top, with two sitting in the ash tray.
When I saw Watermelon on the menu, the first thing that I asked was how strong it was. The waitress said that it's very strong -- I'm afraid that this was incorrect. I had a small buzz from this flavor, but nothing really worth mentioning. Perhaps she was talking about the flavor, but this seemed false as well; the watermelon flavor's strength only kept up for a little while.

Strength:2.5/5

Regardless of the strength, the flavor was, for the most part, sweet and enjoyable. It really tasted like watermelon!-- well, watermelon with a bit of sugar sprinkled on top. I don't know how other people like their watermelon, but every watermelon I've had has been juicy and sweet, and Al Fakher really hit the nail on the head for awhile.

Flavor:4/5

What really brought the flavor down was the longevity. It was sweet and light through the first coal, a bit heavier but still sweet through the second coal, but 1/4 of the way through my third coal, the smoke had nearly vanished and the flavor was mild if present at all. It's a shame, because I really was enjoying the flavor! I also could barely recall the flavor after a few minutes of not smoking. If you want something that'll stay with you all day, this isn't for you.

Longevity:2.5/5

The thing that a lot of smokers want to know is whether or not a kind of shisha gives off a lot of smoke. YOU ARE IN LUCK. For as long as the flavor lasted, there was a ridiculous amount of smoke -- so ridiculous, in fact, that I couldn't do any of my normal tricks, like blowing "O"s. There is so much smoke given off by this shisha!

Smoke Output:5/5

If you like a short smoke with a sweet, medium-level flavor, minimal buzz, and massive smoke output, you should like Al Fakher's Watermelon flavor! However, if you like strong flavor with a lot of buzz, you should look elsewhere. Al Fakher is, however, decent, and very cheap. You can buy it here.
Final Rating: 3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thank you for such inspiring writing over the years. I think many have much to thank you for in setting the standards for polite irreverence! Me included.

    Al Fakher Shisha

    ReplyDelete